Grace Baptist Academy
Our mission is to develop Christian character, provide solid academics, and prepare students for life situations. We believe that students need to understand every part of their education in the light of God's revealed truth found in the Bible. The school exists to assist Christian families in the process of educating and equipping their children to know, love, and serve God.
Grace Baptist Academy exists to help students understand every part of life from the standpoint of God's Truth -- the Bible. Accomplishing this task takes the home, church, and school working together.
Our annual Parent-Student Orientation will be held Thursday evening, August 11. All students and at least one parent/guardian of each student are expected to be present.
Classes begin Monday, August 15, 2016.
Grace Baptist Academy is currently accepting applications for students in all grades.
August 1, 2016
- To teach every student enrolled an understanding of God, the priority that should be accorded His Word, and the responsibility that every person has to Him as Creator and Redeemer.
- To enable each student enrolled to develop both natural and spiritual gifts and talents with the understanding that the highest goal of mankind is to use these gifts and talents to worship and to glorify God.
- To develop within each child a level of basic skills achievement that will support successful functioning as a citizen of the Kingdom of God and successful functioning as a citizen of this nation.
- To provide both curricular and instructional systems that will enable all students to achieve at levels that will prepare them to enter the next level of education chosen, whatever the academic rigor demanded.
- To leave each student enrolled with a strong sense of right and wrong, to make each student aware of the spiritual blessing that comes from doing right, and to warn each student of the many wrongs that now characterize our culture and the negative consequences to be born by those who choose those wrongs.
The Principles Guiding Our Goals:
- Biblical reasoning in all that we do in the classroom, at home, in church, and in every area of life.
- Developing our God-given individuality by learning to exercise Biblical self-government.
- Learning the priority of the internal property of Christian conscience and the constant growth of character (adding virtues and removing vices).
- Grace Baptist Academy holds membership in the American Association of Christian Schools (AACS) and its affiliate organization the New Mexico Association of Christian Schools (NMACS). GBA is also a member of the New Mexico Association of Non-Public Schools (NMANS).
- Grace Baptist Academy competes in interscholastic athletic competition as a member of the New Mexico Christian Athletic Association (NMCAA).
- Grace Baptist Academy is accredited by North Central Association Commission on Accreditation and School Improvement (NCA CASI) and its international organization AdvancEd.
Quality Education in a Christ-centered Atmosphere